Cyber Incident Response
Most companies rely on their computer systems and the data it contains to be able to run their businesses. This means that if something goes wrong, the risk to productivity, brand image and the risk of increasing costs can spiral if there isn’t a remediation plan in place. The best incident response strategies are made well in advance of problems arising and are tested thoroughly to ensure the best outcomes in bad situation.
The steps a company takes after a breach, DDoS attack or malware infestation can affect the level of damage that can be done and make any legal processes easier because the integrity of the evidence has been protected – the worst case scenario would be if any attempts at remediation by the IT department were to make the situation worse.
This is why you need a company who have proven experience of providing Cyber Incident Response and can help you:
- Identify that an attack is taking place
- Determine the attack type and what systems or data have been compromised
- Set the objectives of remediation including clean up and investigation
- Discover who staged the attack and why
- Investigate how it happened
- Ensure the vulnerability been addressed
- Assess the overall business impact
They can also help with reporting the breach to the correct authorities and work as expert witnesses in legal proceedings. All of these things are critical to limiting the damage done and getting organisations back online.